Let me blog about this while the experience is still fresh in my mind. I kinda miss this actually, immortalising significant moments on my blog so I can look back upon the posts and relive the moment all over again... It's not like I'm gonna let the memory die but sometimes you tend to forget certain details you know? I'll try to document as much as I can but of course, only things that I deem worthwhile.
So, last night, my TS class staged a production called Tragic Form and I've never been happier. It's everything about the night that makes me beam from ear to ear.
If you know me, you should know that I was part of the Drama Club. It is my fondest memory of secondary school because it was an avenue where I could be myself and explore the deepest depths of my soul that I never knew existed. I gained invaluable knowledge and life skills from my involvement in the club and I'll never trade it for anything else in the world. There's just something about theatre that makes it so... liberating. When you're on stage and the light blinds you, you're consumed by the character that you play and you just take flight. Idk, I just love the feeling of being on stage, so immersed in the role that you forget about reality momentarily and the only reality that exists in that point in time is the reality of the play. When I went to JC, I decided to explore other areas... I tried dance but it didn't give me the same satisfaction that theatre did. (Maybe it's also contributed by the fact that I'm not the most graceful or skilful dancer around.) Dance only made me crave for theatre so so so much more. So, when I went to uni, I told myself that I'll dabble in theatre or better still, minor in TS!
I signed up for 2233 not knowing what was in store, really. I think I was enticed by the fact that it's final exam-less hahaha and it could fit perfectly well into my timetable. Oh, and I figured that Contemporary Theatre would be interesting so I dived in with no clue at all (**NOT RECOMMENDED FOR OTHER MODULES OK). I was pleasantly surprised that we had to stage a production at the end of the semester! And hey, when was the last time I acted on stage, right? I've been longing for this moment and boy was I glad that the module presented this opportunity.
Not only did I enjoy myself (I really did actually like who else can say that they spent the first four lessons just running around on stage???), I forged so many friendships ahhh I'll definitely miss the crazy bunch. There's just something so refreshing about Arts people hahaha no offence Science but you know what I mean right.....
Moving on to the actual show, I think we did a good job, not like my opinion is biased or anything. Everyone was so on point and giving their 110%. And this wouldn't have been possible without the audience. The audience actually play a huge role in the success of a performance. We were blessed with such an attentive audience. Performers feed off the energy that the audience radiate so yeah, it really does help :) Actually, minutes before I came on, I was very very VERY nervous. Well, it has been a long time since I performed on stage, what more in front of my friends so it is only natural that I felt that way. I also had a lot to prove to myself, like how I haven't lost that acting "ability". I hope no one saw how my hands trembled hahahaha omg eventually, I managed to get over my nerves so yeaaaa... THEN RIGHT WHEN THE PERFORMANCE ENDED I WAS SO SO SO TOUCHED SO SEE ALL MY FRIENDS AT ONE CORNER !!!!! So touched okay. I think I've said it to them so so so so so many times but really, I don't think I can get over how they all took time out just to watch me perform???? Finals is in 3 weeks and they have other important things to do YET they chose to spend 1h of their time with me awwww really touched from the bottom of my heart!!!! And like, erm how shall I address him eh, ok so F (eyeerrr I have become one of them girls who only say the initial) was there tooooo so of course it made even more worthwhile :~)