Friday, May 31, 2013

Hurt

Met up with a good friend from JC today and we had a great heart-to-heart talk. This level of emotional connection is hard to achieve with anyone. It's amazing how we can relate to each other, cos we share a similar past. A past in which people wouldn't expect us to go through. It's nice to know that we're not alone in this. I think we can both agree on the fact that we're glad to have lived through the ordeal and given the opportunity, we wouldn't want to not experience it. Talking about it just evoked so much memories. Memories that used to make me shudder at the very thought. The fact that I can articulate it is an amazing feat. I'm proud of my friend too.

Now I'm just in this state of reminiscing that particular period of my life. It's not me slipping back into that state. It's just me reminding myself how far I've come and to embrace the fact that it happened for a reason.

"I hurt myself today
To see if I still feel
I focus on the pain
The only thing that's real"